Total Awareness Corporation
Enlightens Our Youth With The Power of Knowledge
CARING FOR OUR YOUTH
MAKES YOU A PART OF THEIR LIVES
We build blocks of healthy development that help young people grow up caring and responsible.
Total Awareness Corporation's mission is to educate and empower youth with enduring knowledge. Our program is an untraditional approach aimed at preventing many social ills facing youth in our communities. We will accentuate only positive techniques such as "you can do."
TAC programs were created as a vehicle to redirect behavior of self-destruction and low self-esteem among youth at higher-risk in our communities.
We believe with great degree of certainty, that our programs will prove invaluable in creating positive alternatives necessary for redefining community life.
The solution requires careful analysis and education in an effort to instill tools by which our youth shall establish academic abilities, character, and integrity in their lives. We provide after-school, weekend, and summer activities to teach about principles, which involve, unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility.
Our hope is to motivate our youth to become productive, responsible, and caring adults.
We provide after-school, weekend, and summer activities to learn about principals that involve unity, self-determination, collective work, and responsibility.
These actions are aimed toward reclaiming the communities and building self-esteem and promoting education:
It's a Different World
- Extend the learning environment outside of the classroom
- Establish a vision of education where the participants learn hands on
- Challenge the students to do as well as their peers
- Perform practical experience in oral communication and problem solving
- Engage in community caring of the environment
- Think about our individual responsibilities in the world
Awaiting to Excel
- Tutoring in Reading/Math/English
- Computer Literacy/Science
- Job and Career Planning
- Research scholarships and grant opportunities
- Train how to complete job applications
- Interviewing skills and resume writing
- Financial Independence (including budgeting, entrepreneurship, home ownership).
- Savings and Investments techniques
Now or Never (There is a Cure) Just Say No
- HIV/AIDS & STDs Prevention
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Teenage Pregnancies Prevention
- Crime Prevention
The Art of Changing Things
- Building up belief in one's self and self-control
- Gaining knowledge in critiquing or expressing analysis and judgment of artistic work
- Learning better communicative skills, practicing patience and cooperation with others
- Receptive of sharing ideas and working as a team
- Learning understanding and appreciating artistic practices of various cultural viewpoints and traditions
- Having the fulfillment of accomplishing ones inner artistic expression
REDEEMING COMMUNITY LIFE
a mentor making a difference in our youth lives.
Contact us at:
Kindell Youngblood, Director 773-677-9926